Are Orbeez Toxic to Cats?

by Alex Kountry
Updated on

Cats are known for eating just about anything they can get their paws on. So, are Orbeez toxic to cats?

Checkout this video:

Introduction

Orbeez are small beads that grow to about one hundred times their original size when soaked in water. They are often used as decorations or jewelry, and are safe for children and adults to play with. However, some people have raised concerns about whether Orbeez are safe for cats, as the beads can be easily swallowed and may pose a choking hazard.

There is no need to worry about Orbeez being toxic to cats, as the beads are made from non-toxic materials and pose no danger if swallowed. However, you should still take care to keep them out of reach of your pet, as they can cause an obstruction if they are swallowed. If you think your cat has ingested Orbeez, contact your veterinarian for advice.

What are Orbeez?

Orbeez are tiny beads that expand when soaked in water. They are often used as decorations or in sensory toys, as they are pleasurable to touch. However, some have raised concerns about whether Orbeez are safe for children and animals, as they may pose a choking hazard and may contain toxic chemicals.

Are Orbeez Toxic to Cats?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as there is no scientific evidence available on the matter. However, some experts believe that Orbeez could be harmful to cats if ingested, as they may swell and block the digestive tract. Therefore, it is advisable to keep Orbeez away from pets and children.

Are Orbeez Toxic to Cats?

No, Orbeez are not toxic to cats. Cats may be attracted to the small, colorful beads because they resemble prey, but Orbeez are made from a water-based gel and are non-toxic. However, Orbeez can pose a choking hazard if swallowed, so it’s important to keep them out of reach of pets and small children.

Symptoms of Orbeez Toxicity in Cats

If your cat has ingested Orbeez, watch for the following symptoms:
-Vomiting
-Diarrhea
-Lethargy
-Loss of appetite
-Dehydration
-Abdominal pain

If you notice any of these symptoms, call your veterinarian immediately. Orbeez can cause potentially life-threatening intestinal blockages, so it is important to seek medical treatment as soon as possible.

Treatment for Orbeez Toxicity in Cats

If your cat has eaten Orbeez, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately. There is no specific antidote for Orbeez toxicity in cats, so treatment will be symptomatic and supportive. Treatment will likely be intensive and may be required for days to weeks.

Your cat will likely receive intravenous fluids to keep them hydrated and help flush the Orbeez out of their system. They may also need other medications to treat any gastrointestinal upset and pain. In severe cases, surgery may be required to remove the Orbeez from the stomach or intestine.

After your cat has been treated, it is important to prevent them from accessing Orbeez in the future. Keep them stored out of reach and supervise them when they are around any objects or materials that could contain Orbeez.

Prevention of Orbeez Toxicity in Cats

Orbeez are small beads that are often used in arts and crafts projects. They are made from a water-soluble polymer and are non-toxic. However, Orbeez can pose a health risk to cats if ingested. If your cat ingests Orbeez, they may experience gastrointestinal upset including vomiting and diarrhea. In severe cases, blockage of the intestines can occur. If you think your cat has ingested Orbeez, contact your veterinarian immediately.

Photo of author

About the author

Alex Kountry

Alex Kountry is the founder of HayFarmGuy and has been a backyard farmer for over 10 years. Since then he has decided to write helpful articles that will help you become a better backyard farmer and know what to do. He also loves to play tennis and read books

Leave a Comment