To Trim and even finish Conifers like pine trees or fir trees or even the Thuja Plicata is to use a power hedge trimmer.
Depending on the growth rates, conifers can use three trimming per year during the growing season.
Before you start trimming your conifers, it will be wise to inspect them to ensure no birds are making a living for themselves inside.
As you know, it is an offense to destroy or damage the best of any wild bird while it is being built or in use under the wildfire and countryside Acts in 1981.
Last update on 2022-07-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Some top hedge trimmers you can purchase for conifers are:
- Bosch Easy HedgeCut 18-45:
- Black & Decker BEHTS501: The best-corded hedge trimmer
- Einhell GE-HC 18 Li T: The top cordless trimmer for high hedges, shrubs, and trees
- Flymo SimpliCut Li: The best cheap and cheerful cordless trimmer
- Makita DUH751Z: The best heavy duty hedge trimmer
Table of Contents
- 1 1. Bosch EasyHedgeCut 18-45
- 2 2. Black & Decker BEHTS501
- 3 3. Einhell GE-HC 18 Li T
- 4 4. Flymo SimpliCut Li
- 5 5. Makita DUH751Z Hedge Trimmer
- 6 Things to Look out for before making a purchase of Best Hedge Trimmers For Conifers
- 7 Conclusion:
1. Bosch EasyHedgeCut 18-45
Looking for a light and easy trim? The Bosch Easy HedgeCut 18-45 is the best Hedge Trimmer for that purpose.
It is a cordless hedge cutter with an 18v lithium-ion battery, 460mm blade length, 15mm tooth opening;
It has no self-discharge or memory effect. It has an optimal balance and trigonometric as it is solely designed with the control and comfort of the user in mind.
It is designed and maintained and trimmed small and medium-sized hedges.
It boasts of Bosch Anti-blocking system to provide a robust and continuous cut without stalling.
And it provides free movements within the garden with no restriction as it is cordless.
Pros of Bosch EasyHedgeCut 18-45
- Very effective and Efficient
- It is reasonably lightweight and easy to use, perfect for those that are not that strong
- It comes with excellent safety features
- Has excellent battery time that’s last more than half an hour after full charge
Price, Size, Package of The Bosch EasyHedgeCut 18-45. Is It Worth The Value?.
Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden;
The box contains EasyHedgeCut 18-45, PBA 18V 2.0 Ah, and AL 1810 CV.
It is worth the value because it delivers optimum performance with its power for all 18V li-ion batteries, provides freedom for mobility because it is cordless, enhances light trimming work with its 45cm blade length and 15mm tooth spacing.
Additionally, it features a Bosch Anti-Blocking system for non-stop cutting with a weight of 2.3kg with trigonometric designs, making it comfortable to handle in various working conditions, reducing strain from the upper even while working on a more significant task and for an extended period.
2. Black & Decker BEHTS501
It was designed to be lightweight and compact, made to cut through tough hedges quickly and with ease with a powerful 600w motor and 60cm dual-action blade;
This cutter is ideal for cutting medium to large hedges, having a 25mm as its maximum cutting capacity, with it’s sawing blades you can cut larger branches easily up to 35mm without needing to use any other secondary tool.
It minimizes the load on your arms, shoulders, and back simultaneously, offering you comfort while using it because of its bale handle designs.
Pros of Using Black & Decker BEHTS501
The importance of using the Black & Decker BEHTS501 are:
- It has a powerful and long blade that makes it easy to get an even and consistent cut across the hedge
- It has a saw tooth attachment at the end that makes it possible to cut through thicker branches that may likely get in the way when trimming hedges
- It has beastly blades with good reach and cutting diameter
- Features bale handle for improved control and comfort
- 25mm max cut-capacity
- Powerful 600w motor
Price, Package, Size of The Black & Decker BEHTS501. Is it worth the Value?
The Items come in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden.
It is worth the value because it’s it has a bale handle that provides comfort and control, with a 25mm max cut capacity, with a 35mm saw blade used for cutting larger diameter branches with a powerful 600w motor.
3. Einhell GE-HC 18 Li T
- POWER X-CHANGE: The 18-Volt battery system offers the unique possibility to supply power to all Einhell-tools and garden equipment of the Power X-Change family with one battery type. 1 BATTERY. 1000 POSSIBILITES.
- VERSATILE: The Einhell GE-HC 18 Li T multi-function hedge trimmer + chainsaw tool is a high-quality garden workhorse for any ambitious hobby gardener.
- POWERFUL: A powerful motor lets the OREGON chain glide effortlessly through any type of wood.
- AUTO-LUBRICATION: The automatic chain lubrication with oil tank provides a particularly low-maintenance operation. Chain tensioning and changing are conducted easily and quickly with Einhell's tooless adjustment system.
- ADJUSTABLE: 7-position tiltable motor head and 90° swivelling attachment of the pole pruner with the 4-position tiltable main grip.
Last update on 2022-07-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This multi-functional garden tool features an extended reach telescopic hedge trimmer, mini chainsaw pole pruning saw with a 3.0 Ah Battery, and High-Speed Charger.
It charges quickly at a reasonable amount of time, and the battery last long too;
Both cutter body and handle can be set at different angles with a long reach which is pretty helpful;
It is not exactly lightweight, which means you need to expend a little strength if fully extended, you can use it to shape some trees for a better look, it has a good battery life, and it is a well-priced tool with good performances.
It features a battery charge level indicated with three LEDs where you can quickly check the current charge level just at a glance; the adjustable handle can be set from 880 to 1840mm to the required working heights.
Pros of Using the Einhell GE-HC 18 Li T
Some of the advantages of using the Einhell GE-HC 18 Li T include:
- It has an Oregon quality blade and chain, but it does not come with chain oil, so you will need to get a chain oil
- To provide long life, it features a metal gearing
- It has a continuous adjustable telescopic aluminum handle
- The blade is made of laser-cut and diamond ground steel and tool more miniature chain tensioning and chain change
- Has a fast charge and includes a 3,0 Ah lithium battery.
Price, Package, Size of Einhell GE-HC 18 Li T. Is it Worth the Value?
It weighs 7.6kg with an Alloy steel and Aluminum material;
The box contains 1 x Power X-Change GE-HC 18 Li, 1 x OREGON blade, 1x OREGON chainsaw chain, 1 x Power, X-Change 3,0Ah battery, and 1 x Power X-Change fast charger.
It is worth the value as it has a central handle and motorhead tiltable by four settings, sturdy cutter guard for storage and transport at the head rotates a total of 90°, making horizontal cuts effortlessly;
It has a claw stop that prevents slipping while working with the trimmer and a chain bolt that prevents the chain from slipping from the bolt.
4. Flymo SimpliCut Li
Flymo SimpliCut Li is designed for small garden work with a new integrated battery hedge trimmer.
It makes easy work of any hedge garden with its 40cm blade length and 16mm gap teeth;
It features a centralized handle designed for ease of use and comfort, providing more excellent stability central point of contact for even cutting and optimum result.
Pros of Using Flymo SimpliCut Li
Some Advantages of using the Flymo SimpliCut Li are listed right below:
- Tackles your hedges with ease as it utilizes a 14.4v battery
- A charge time of 200 minutes
- For user comforts, it weighs only 2.1 kg, which is lightweight
- Features a 40 cm blade width with a 16mm blade gap that ensures nice and tidy cuts to hedges, it provides a cutting speed of 2400cm
- Indicated charging port LEDs that help in determining your battery stage
- Great flexibility in movement in the garden without the restriction of a power cord as it is cordless
Price, Package, Size of Flymo SimpliCut Li. Is it worth the value?
It comes in Amazon packaging and weighs 2.1 kg. It is worth the value as it is effortless to use; the battery will keep it working for an hour or so after charging for three and half hours till full.
5. Makita DUH751Z Hedge Trimmer
The Makita DUH751Z features a brushless motor with a soft start variable speed control, equipped with battery protection preventing it from damages to batteries due to over-discharge, overload current, or high temperature.
It features a low friction blade for efficient cutting with triple edge cutting teeth, and it has a five-position rotating rear handle with a reverse button that helps in freeing the blade if thick branches jam it;
It is equipped with a double-action switch with an electric blade for operator safety.
Pros of Using the Makita DUH751Z
Some Advantages of using the Makita DUH751Z are:
- Three speeds plus trigger and constant speed control to maintain constant speed under load, to deliver up to 4,400 strokes per minute.
- 18V Li-ion LXT slide type battery powers the DUH751Z Hedge Trimmer
- Reverse button for when the blades get stuck on a large branch
- Maximum diameter reach of 23.4mm
- Low friction blade for more efficient cutting.
Price, Package, Size of Makita DUH751Z. Is it worth the value?
The package is Amazon standard packaging at checkout point.
It is worth the value as it features a brushless motor, soft start, variable speed control with a 3-speed plus trigger, and constant speed control;
It also features a reverse for when the blade might get stuck on a branch five-position rotating rear handle with an electric blade.
Things to Look out for before making a purchase of Best Hedge Trimmers For Conifers
When looking to purchase hedge trimmers, there are mainly three types and are electric, petrol, and cordless hedge trimmers;
They all have their pros and cons, and it all boils down to your specifications which include the type, size, and number of hedges you need to take care of before you can make a decisive decision
Some of the things to look out for when purchasing the best hedge trimmers for conifers are:
- Affordable, Easy to use, and maintain hedge trimmers, and this is synonymous with the electric hedge trimmers; the only downside to this is the cord. You will need to be aware of the cords, so you don’t cut them, and additionally, you will need a long cable and an extension wire to get power when working.
- Easy movement around the garden, lightweight and high performance, this is synonymous with the cordless trimmer, the only disadvantage is that batteries do not last longer than an hour tops
- The petrol hedge type is the best, and it can be used anywhere and anytime; as long as you have petrol, they would even go as far as handle thicker branches; the downside is it is heavy and difficult to store.
Whichever of the above-listed hedge trimmers you decide to go for, they will serve you well, as we took our time to research the best hedge trimmers for conifers in terms of performances, weight, comfortability, amongst other things.
It all depends on you, and your hedge size is like we earlier stated.
Go for the one that will serve you best from the ones we have taken our time to list.