The driveway, sidewalk, or garden beds can be neatly delineated using a lawn edger.
They also lessen the harm that grass spreads to these areas. The most acceptable part is that they give your yard’s boundaries a sleek, modern appearance.
Choosing the best lawn edger doesn’t have to be difficult, despite many options. Let’s look at some reviews, but I’ll also show you the different types of edgers to make an informed decision.
Best Lawn Edger With Honda Engine
1. McLane 101 Gas-Powered Edger/Trimmer
- EDGER AND TRIMMER - Make your yard or outdoor space look incredible with this lawn edger machine. McLane bladed...
- PRECISE - This motorized trimmer is designed to ride on most curbs while still delivering a clean cut every time....
- ANY ANGLE - McLane edgers and trimmers cut vertically or horizontally, and do it smoothly thanks to wide rubber...
- MEET SAFETY STANDARDS - All McLane edger and trimmers meet all established safety standards.
- MADE IN THE USA - This cordless gas powered lawn edger is proudly made in the USA.
Last update on 2024-02-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You should check out the McLane 101 Gas-Powered Edger when you’re looking for a high-quality gas-powered tool.
This 3.5 HP edger comes with either a Briggs & Stratton 550 engine or a Honda engine.
From a vertical to a horizontal attack angle, the blade’s blade shape provides various attacks. Because of this, it may be used as a powerful wheeled trimmer as well.
Because of its four 7″ wheels, this piece of American-made equipment is incredibly stable, far superior to its 3-wheeled competitors.
Because it’s created in the United States, you can rest assured that this is a long-term investment.
There are also some positive reviews for the McLane 101 Gas-Powered Edger/Trimmer. It’s widely praised, as seen by its 67 percent 5-star rating.
There was a story from one owner who acquired a McLane edger from his father twenty-five years ago, and it was still going strong.
In my perspective, that’s the kind of long-lasting, multi-generational equipment people should be purchasing.
- High torque and high-speed blades
- Storage is made simple with its small, lightweight frame.
- Intuitive to begin
- Working height and blade angle can be adjusted.
- Larger and louder than the electric edging
2. Atom 562 HONDA GX35 Professional Lawn Edger
- 13inches Cutting swath with 0.080inches Line.Motor Type : Brushed, Number of Pieces : 6
- Patented gear drive design that powers through overgrowth. Watt Hours - 80.0 Wh
- Variable trigger with Hi/lo speed control for added power or extended runtime
- High-efficiency Brushless motor maximizing run time and motor life
- Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arm
Last update on 2024-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Using an ATOM petrol edger, you can have the cleanest edges on the street. The HONDA GX35 4-stroke engine powers this incredibly competent professional-grade model.
In addition to having an anti-vibration handle system, the Atom edger is easy to start and uses very little gasoline.
Because of the ergonomic anti-vibration handles and the lightweight design, your Atom edger will be a pleasure to use for extended periods.
This lawn edger’s sturdy construction and mobility make it ideal for edging nearly any type of lawn.
Honda’s four-stroke engine eliminates the effort of prepping your edger for use, so you can spend more time working rather than preparing it for use.
Professionals, home users, schools, parks, and reserves will all benefit from this product. Creating and maintaining lawn borders around gardens, curbs, and driveways.
- Honda 35cc 4-stroke engine
- Cross blade with four edges and a heavy-duty clutch
- Adjustment of shift height is simple.
- Straightforward directional cutting
- Safety throttle equipped with a “lock-out” feature to prevent unintentional operation
- Domestic 2-Year Limited Warranty* (engines warranted separately)
3. BravePro Motorized Lawn Edger
- [POWER LIKE THE PROS] The 12 Amp motor of the electric edger spins the 7.5” blade fast and deep at 4700...
- [3 DEPTH ADJUSTMENTS] This sidewalk edger cuts down at 1”, 1-1/4”, 1-1/2” depending on the task at hand
- [CUTTING LINE INDICATOR] This yard edger stays on the straight and narrow with the cutting line guide—you’ll...
- [ADJUSTABLE SHAFT] Users of any height can find a length and comfortable position that works for them with the...
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX lawn edgers are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and...
Last update on 2024-02-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The BravePro Motorized Lawn Edger is powered by a Honda GX120 engine and is equipped with operator hand controls, an all-steel cutter head, and a ten-inch double-sided blade for quick and effective edging.
It features a ten-inch double-sided blade for quick and efficient edging. Numerous options on the operator’s hand control for brush engagement, belt tension, and depth control
It has four wheels for increased stability and ball bearings for improved maneuverability.
It is finished with Sherwin-Williams paint resistant to abrasion and the elements.
Lever engagement is solid—no cable maintenance is required.
The cutter head is made entirely of steel and features sealed bearings for extended durability.
- Engine Honda GX120
- 10″ Blade with Double Sides
- Cutter Head Made of All-Steel With Sealed Bearings For Long Life
- Smooth blade engagement, belt tension, and depth control are all controlled by the operator’s hand.
- Steel Hubbed Wheels With Ball Bearings For Improved Manufacturability
- Spindle Head Made of All-Steel With Sealed Bearings
Here is an article I wrote on the best lawn edger with electric start
Buyers Guide: Things to Look Out for Before Making a Purchase
Regardless of the type of lawn edger you choose, there are a few things to consider.
Electric lawn edgers are lighter than gas lawn edgers, but they still have a fair amount of weight.
A battery for a cordless lawn edger can be pretty significant.
Models without a power cord are the heaviest, but you’ll need to be near a power source to use them.
It’s common for electric grass edgers to be metal. Because of this, you’ll want to take a close look at the blade guard of the model you’re considering.
A solid blade guard affords more protection if an errant stone is thrown out of harm’s way. Make sure to double-check that the design is exactly what you’re looking for!
Finally, if you’re going electric, think about how much power you’ll need.
Your lawn edger should have a mechanism that prevents it from unplugging while you’re using it, and you should only use a cord that’s long enough to avoid damaging the machine.
If you have a large yard, you may want to consider purchasing a second battery-operated lawn edger to complete the job.
Gas edgers are typically heavier than electric edgers, partly due to the weight of the gas in the tank in which they are stored.
With a smaller gas tank, residential models can reduce additional weight.
A 4-cycle motor is found in most residential gas lawn edgers, making them functionally equivalent. 2-cycle engines are available, but they typically require you to mix your gas and oil in the tank before starting using it.
Buying a no-mixing-required 4-cycle lawn edger is the most convenient option.
There are two main types of manual lawn edgers, and you must decide which one is best for your situation.
Basic edgers are designed to cut the grass along a driveway or sidewalk or in garden beds with a bladed end that is often curved.
You can use this style with caution even if you’re just a kid, but you will need to be careful with the blade’s edge.
Lawn edgers with rotary blades are also an option. These have a wheel or wheels and a toothed blade attached.
If this blade breaks, it’s usually easy to get a new one. A rotary lawn edger has a toothed blade that cuts through the grass at the edge of your lawn as you push it.
For both of these, you’ll need to consider your comfort level because they require a lot of muscle power.
Different handle designs are available for manual bladed lawn edgers. Although rotary models require less strength, the only available handles are usually straight.
It’s important to pick a design that’s easy to use.
Finding the right lawn edger is not easy. But with this guide, you are good to go. So start making that purchase.