You might be finding it quite difficult making a good choice between nylon and polyester gardening gloves.
Probably, you’ve been thinking there are no differences so you have the liberty to make your random choice but there’s a whole lot of differences.
We understand the pressure on you right now, trying to make a good choice of gardening gloves between nylon and polyester gloves.
That is why we have taken our time to study these two types of gardening gloves and relay it back to you for your own careful examination.
What is a Nylon Glove?
A nylon glove is made of a low lint synthetic fiber, and it provides a very high tensile strength. It is usually strong and elastic in nature.
What are the uses of a nylon gardening glove?
Nylon gloves for gardening is great for protecting the hands against dirt, debris and cut. It can be used for planting and weeding too.
What are the Pros and Cons of a nylon gardening glove?
Using a nylon gardening glove definitely has its advantages and disadvantages.
While it might be very economical, it is not advisable to use a nylon gardening glove for a heavy duty job.
- It is highly elastic. You don’t have to fret about your hands not fitting into the glove.
- It is durable and abrasion resistant.
- To add to the elastic nature, a nylon gardening glove is resilient. This means you do not have to worry about your previous glove losing it shape even after using and reusing it.
- It is stain resistant and can be easily cleaned even when stained.
- It is mold and mildew resistant so you don’t have to worry about treating those annoying fungi.
- It has an overly shiny appearance and might be quite odd on your hands if you are the type that dislikes a very bright and colorful appearance.
- The unrecyclable nature of a nylon gardening glove makes it environmental unfriendly.
- Despite the overly shiny appearance, it fades easily in sunlight. If you love being glamorous and colorful, a faded glove is definitely a no-go area for you.
Here is an article I wrote on do gardening gloves conduct electricity?
Having examined the nylon gardening glove, let’s proceed to the polyester gardening glove.
What is a polyester gardening glove?
A polyester gardening glove is made from a specific polymer material called Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET). It is usually very strong and durable.
What are the uses of a polyester gardening gloves?
Polyester gloves are mostly used for light gardening tasks like pruning, watering of plants and for application of simple chemicals in the garden. Simply put, a polyester glove prevents the hands from dirts and makes it dry.
What are the pros and cons of a polyester gardening glove?
To help you better understand this, we’ll take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of a polyester gardening glove.
- Durability: it’s high strength translates to durability and it can withstand regular wear and washes.
- It has a low moisture retaining element. This means you can sweat in it and not worry about your hands getting all sweaty because this polyester glove absorbs moisture and instead of retaining it, it evaporates immediately.
- It is resistant to mildews, wrinkles and shrinking.
- It is recyclable
- Maintaining a polyester gardening glove is easy, compared to other types of gardening gloves.
- The rough texture of a polyester glove makes it quite uncomfortable for those with sensitive skin.
- It is less breathable
- It is environment unfriendly, as it emits a huge amount of waste on earth. If you are very concerned on environmental issues, this might be quite unpleasant to you.
- It doesn’t have a long shelf life. A polyester glove is prone to fading and tear.
Nylon Vs Polyester? Which is Better?
Having examined both types of gardening gloves, it can be said that nylon and polyester gardening gloves have almost the same properties, in terms of durability, resistance to stains and wrinkles.
The thought bugging your mind now would be which to get from these two types of gloves for your gardening tasks.
We already got you covered! We have a recommendation on which to get from either nylon or polyester gardening glove.
In terms of maintenance, durability and resistance, polyester gardening glove is good but the nylon gardening glove is better.
Hence, we recommend getting a nylon glove for your gardening tasks.
Here’s what you stand to gain from using a nylon gardening glove instead of a polyester glove:
- A filled pocket: given the economical nature of a nylon glove, it is pocket friendly so there is no need to break your bank to buy a glove. By purchasing a nylon glove, you can also save up your money to get seedlings and beautiful flowers for your garden.
- Extreme comfort even during hot weather
- Protection from punctures and chemicals
- A rash-free skin: a nylon gardening glove is softer than a polyester glove, so it is very good for all types of skin.
General Consideration When Getting A Nylon Gardening Glove.
Generally, fitness, price point, nature of gardening tasks, type of glove for the season and skin type are what to consider when getting a gardening glove.
Finally, we hope you have been able to clear your doubts completely.
When next you visit the gloves store, the pressure on you would have melted away and you would be able to make the perfect choice of glove for your gardening tasks.
Remember to keep your gardens clean. A clean garden amounts to a great gardener.
Hope you enjoyed this article? Which do you prefer between a nylon gardening glove and a polyester gardening glove. Let us know in the comment section, with your reasons!