Have you ever heard of plants having spiritual benefits?
Well, plants aren’t just good for decorations; each plant has a distinguishing feature that makes them stand out. Most plants are known to add freshness and positivity to our surroundings and lives.
In addition, a substantial amount of research has been conducted to support the claim that certain plants have spiritual benefits. Could spider plants be one of such plants? Let’s find out!
Table of Contents
- 1 Do Spider Plants Have Any Spiritual Benefits?
- 2 Are Spider Plants Good Luck?
- 3 What Are The Benefits Of Having A Spider Plant In Your House?
- 3.1 1. Spider plants can be used as indoor decor
- 3.2 2. Spider plants increase humidity in the home
- 3.3 3. Spider plants are great for purifying the air
- 3.4 4. Spider plants can be eaten
- 3.5 5. Spider plants act as a stress relief
- 3.6 6. Spider plants can get rid of airborne allergens
- 3.7 7. Spider plants absorb ozone
- 3.8 8. Spider plants are pet friendly
- 4 Is Spider Plant Good For Feng Shui?
- 5 What Does Spider Plant Symbolize?
- 6 Do Spider Plants Give Off Good Energy?
- 7 Conclusion
Do Spider Plants Have Any Spiritual Benefits?
Yes, spider plants have spiritual benefits; this however is based on certain cultural beliefs.
Studies have also shown that spider plants have spiritual benefits. A lot of cultures believe that certain plants are sacred because of the spirits that dwell within the plant itself.
Some Spiritualists believe that this plant can be prepared in a way to bring balance to the physical and spiritual world, heal the mind and body, and provide for spiritual awakening.
There are more spiritual benefits offered by these plants which will be discussed as we go further. So continue reading!
Are Spider Plants Good Luck?
Thinking of a good way to bring good luck into your home?
Spider plants are believed to be good luck plants. In eastern cultures, they are generally believed to bring good health along-sides good luck.
These plants aren’t the only house plant that is regarded as good luck plants. The lucky bamboo plant is also known to bring good luck to the home as well. It also represents good fortune and wealth.
It is believed that the number of stalks a bamboo plant has determines which area of your life is attracting good luck.
Other great good look home plants include;
- Money tree
- Jade plant
- Snake plant
- Palm plant
- Rubber plants.
In the same way, certain plants are believed to come with good luck, some others are believed to come with bad luck as well.
Some plants associated with bad luck are the cotton plant, dead plant, Mehndi plant, tamarind plant, etc.
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Spider Plant In Your House?
Spider plants are very beneficial to our homes; here are some of the most common benefits they offer;
1. Spider plants can be used as indoor decor
This is the most common use of spider plants; these adorable plants have a way of lighting up your home.
Spider plants have unique leaves that are thin, long, green, and dense.
Their leaves are variegated, which makes the plant appear bold and beautiful, especially when hung in the room.
2. Spider plants increase humidity in the home
When spider plants are watered, it retains tiny water droplets.
These water droplets can serve as a humidifier when evaporations begin to take place.
It is recommended that spider plants should be kept close to the window; this is because more condensation occurs when they are positioned that way.
These plants can be a great addition to any home or office because they increase the humidity in your space.
3. Spider plants are great for purifying the air
Spider plants can neutralize formaldehyde.
It converts formaldehyde to carbon dioxide, which is a great way of purifying the air in your home.
According to research, spider plants can remove a significant amount of toxins commonly found in homes.
Some of these toxins are summing solvents, ammonia, trichloroethylene, benzene, and xylene.
4. Spider plants can be eaten
Spider plants are edible, which makes them great for indoor and outdoor gardens.
Both the roots and leaves of these plants are safe for consumption. Spider plant leaves can be used in salads or cooked as a side dish.
They also have a mild flavor, which makes them perfect for adding raw into dishes such as green smoothies, stir-fries, egg bakes, lasagna casserole recipes, and more.
5. Spider plants act as a stress relief
According to research spider plants can be used to reduce stress levels.
Spider plants are commonly used in hospitals because they help patients recover in a short time.
6. Spider plants can get rid of airborne allergens
The spider plants are great at removing allergens such as dust mites, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, and more.
So it is safe to say that spider plants help improve the health condition of individuals.
7. Spider plants absorb ozone
Ozone is a colorless gas composed of three oxygen atoms which are oxides of nitrogen.
You might be wondering what the sources of ozone are in the home.
Ozone can get into the home as a result of natural ventilation, infiltration of cracks in the building, and mechanical ventilation.
When ozone is absorbed it causes a lot of harm to human health. Spider plants breathe through their leaves; they use this process to absorb ozone in the atmosphere.
Ozone isn’t safe for spider plants as well, it can cause their leaves to turn brown and eventually lead to the death of the plant.
8. Spider plants are pet friendly
Spider plants are not toxic to pets, so there’s practically no side effect of keeping them in your home.
Since they are edible they can be consumed by your pet with no negative effect.
Is Spider Plant Good For Feng Shui?
Spider plants are good for Feng shui, Feng shui is associated with good health.
Therefore spider plants are good for Feng shui, it purifies the pollutant air present inside the house which generally improves overall good health.
It basically absorbs those gases and increases the oxygen level which results in lowering stress levels in humans and you may find more focus while studying.
What Does Spider Plant Symbolize?
Here is a list of what spider plants symbolize;
1. Spider plants are believed to bring abundance and prosperity when kept in the kitchen area.
2. Some cultures believe that these plants promote fertility.
3. They are also good gifts to gift people who are moving away from their homes. This plant also serves as a symbol of the renewal of connections with others.
4. Due to the spider plant’s natural, sturdy and long vines feature, they are said to grow to symbolize stability in life.
Do Spider Plants Give Off Good Energy?
Keeping this lovely plant will assist you in increasing the flow of positive energy.
The fragrance of this plant is enough to lift your spirits. Among the many benefits that this plant provides are:
1. It can improve your mood by lowering your stress levels.
2. It has been discovered to help people who suffer from anxiety.
3. This plant also great for better memory.
4. It has also been shown to alleviate insomnia and promote restful sleep.
5. Spider plants provide Chi energy. Chi energy is the energy that flows through you and everything else like objects. As a result, it removes negative energy from the home.
Spider plants aren’t just beneficial to the environment and household.
They also have amazing spiritual benefits. Spider plants generally symbolize fertility, stability, and abundance.
It is also a great gift to give someone moving away from home.
These plants are also edible, and this makes them a good option as an indoor plants.
They are not toxic, making them safe for humans and pets to consume. Spider plants are also great for sound sleep, anxiety, memory, and mood swings.